Kermit, Winter, and Ezekiel


"Maybe you don't need everyone to love you (Piggy), maybe you just need one." - Kermit The Frog.
That is it! That is the point. I heard this quote yesterday during the previews for the Muppet Movie before we saw "Dolphin Tale"; and I can't get it out of my head. Then, it was further nailed in as I watched the movie.

Ezekiel 36:26 says "I will give you anew heart and put a new Spirit in you. I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."

Sawyer (the boy in the movie) was a boy with a heart transformed from stone to flesh. He was lifeless until he found a greater purpose. He was given a new spirit and a passion because he felt love from Winter (the dolphin) - and she, too, would do things like eat and swim, when she felt his loving presence. The movie is all about the transformation that the dolphin and the boy had when they knew the love of the other. I don't think that's a spoiler... I think it's encouragement to see it, right?

We, too have hope for this passion and "life to the full" (John 10:10). The Psalms is all about God's love for us and how He changes, protects and inspires David. Romans 5:5 talks about how "God has poured out His love to us through the Holy Spirit". "Because of His great love for us...God make us alive with Christ." (Eph 2:4-5)

God wants to transform our souls. He wants us to feel and know His love. He wants to give us a new heart and new spirit so we can be fully alive, living each day with a purpose and passion from Him!