Naked


This word has intrigued me over the past year. I am not going to go move to a nudist colony; I just really like what it does for people - yes, on the inside; but it shows on the outside.
Pat Lencioni just wrote a book called "Getting Naked" for the business world. It is based on how to build trust and loyalty with others by being vulnerable - isn't that true? The guy is hilarious, I was able to hear him at the Global Leadership Summit and I laughed the whole time - why? Because he was real! It's like a breath of fresh air.
Life is much more free when we're not trying to hide anything. Like when I have all the windows open at my house in the morning while the kids are getting ready for school and while we are screaming at each other the whole street can hear. Or when we have all the windows open accidentally at night and everyone driving by can see me reading to my kids .
Hebrews 12:1 talks about "throwing off everything that hinders" so that we can run the race! Running freely, quickly, is a lot easier when we're not stuck under the weight of an image or an ego.
"The Naked Christian" by Craig Borlase is another one; "taking off religion to get into a relationship with Jesus. Shun the fake stuff and BE REAL." It can also encourage others to do the same.