Operation World

So, I purchased the book, "Operation World", pretty much because David Platt told me to in his awesome book, "Radical" ( I know I am supposed to underline book titles, but I can't find the underline button). He said it was the most important book to have aside from the Bible - and that's a pretty big claim. It's about all the nations and how to pray for each one, every day of the year.
I never really wanted to pray for the whole world before; mainly because it's always been hard for me to pray for people that I don't know. This book is amazing. I cannot believe how much I have learned. I feel like I'm in school again, but I really like it this time.
I am on the "N" countries because I started in September and it goes alphabetically. Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, Netherlands, New Caledonia... I honestly have not heard of a couple of these.
Did you know that there are 800,000 underground Christians in Nepal?
That 90% of people in nauru (which, by the way, is an island in the Pacific) are overweight and unemployed?
That Netherlands Antilles is off the coast of Venezuela?
Ok, you probably knew all this, but I, being the non-geography buff, did not.
So, in praying for these nations, a common request has been made: "that people who call themselves Christians might discover a dynamic relationship with the living Savior" AND, "that revival might make the Christians into true disciples of Jesus." Hmmm... maybe this world is not so big after all?

Comments

  1. I KNOW I have this book...somewhere. Guess what I'll be doing this evening instead of season premiers? Thank you. And, AND. I'm ordering you a map for your cartographical edification.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"