Sink or Swim?



For those of you who know me (probably all of you), I am not a high-maintenance person. This is good or bad, depending on who you are. One of the areas I really could care less about is soap. Until now. I rotate my soaps and shampoos all the time, just because I get bored with the same thing. I don't really care if it's 99 cents or $5; but I do stay away from the salon stuff (I don't have enough hair to warrant that).
I rotated back to Ivory Bar Soap a few days ago and it has changed my outlook on soap. It cleanses me better than anything else. I used to have to wash a couple times to get the squeaky clean. Ivory does it in one lather - I love it.

They (Ivory people) advertise being pure and able to float. Primarily because it is whipped with air. Yes, they have added some glycerin now so it doesn't dry you up as much as it used to, so it doesn't really float like it used to; but I don't play that in the shower anyway; so they don't lose my business there.

Pure is defined as being free from dirt, defilement, pollution, or foreign elements - containing nothing extraneous - complete.
I think it's pretty cool that something (us, too) can be complete when we contain nothing extraneous.

God made us so that we are complete when we have Him in us (that God-shaped hole in each of us). We don't need anything else. We can try to let other stuff or people complete us, but they won't. Actually, the other stuff we add will defile us, making us impure; and can even make us sink.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"