Are You Trying to Fit Into Something That You Have Clearly Grown Out Of?

No, I am not referring to clothes.

I recently heard a quote from John Piper that I wrote and put on my fridge:

"Be careful of harking back to what you once were when God wants you to become something that you have never been."

Are we so used to our way of doing things that we don't give God room to get rid of the old and put on the new?  Are we scared of what He may have planned for us, or excited?  They (pastors) always say...  "If you don't answer when God calls, He'll just ask someone else."
Wouldn't it be exciting to be used by God!  To be one of His "go-to" people that is always listening and obeying Him?  Or is it easier just to do our own thing and not take the risk?

I recently took a risk by switching email accounts.  Wow.  I never would have known what a pain my old one was until I switched to my new one.  All the glitches that drove me crazy with the old account are gone.  I dealt with them, figuring that was just the way things were.  There are even new things on the new account that I never knew existed.

I also started teaching spinning again, and making the "tapes" is now so much easier.  I used to have to go through song by song, recording them, and if one didn't work in the ride, I would have to re-do the whole CD.  Now, I just drag and drop, or delete if one doesn't work - it's awesome - NEW!

And, I changed cleaning supplies.  Switched to Norwex.  Amazing!  An investment in the beginning, but cleaning the house is so much faster now; and actually kinda fun (really)!

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."  Isaiah 42:18-19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"