The Fire Blower

I've been building a lot of fires lately.  I'm not very good.  Just started last winter, and am highly reliant on the starter blocks and my fire blower.  The girls love it when I use the fire blower because they see the logs glow when I blow on them; and what looks to be a completely failed fire can be revived!

It reminded me of Genesis 2: 7 "(God) breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living being." When breath is breathed on the logs that have been in the fire; the flame comes to life again.

I think Jesus can be our fire blower.  I actually think that's His job as the Holy Spirit.  The logs that haven't been in the fire cannot be ignited with the blower, but the logs that have the Spirit in them - have been lit by the flame, can be reignited with breath.

Matthew 3:11 says He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.  "He will ignite the kingdom life within you, a fire within you, the Holy Spirit within you" - changing you from the inside out.  (The Message)

As we contemplate His birth, let Him blow on that Spirit inside of you, and be amazed by the flame He came to set ablaze!