Best Man or Bride?

I'm glad I was walking the dog while it was dark this morning because I was grinning ear to ear; then the grin just froze for the rest of the walk and people may have thought me to be a little loopy...    I wasn't - just  really happy with what I was imagining...

I'm reading through John for the first 21 days of the year, so today I'm on John 3.  I was planning on parking on 3:30 "He must become greater, I must become less" spoken by John the Baptist, for the day,  but as I re-read the context, a new thought came to mind.  The Message version does a pretty cool job of explaining this quote.  He talks about being the best man for the groom, Jesus.  Once the groom shows up; the best man's job is done and he quietly slides out of the picture.  So, I thought this is what I needed to do. BUT, the Bible doesn't refer to us as the Best Man - it refers to us as the Bride!!!  What?  I get to be bigger; all eyes on me?  "Cool" is an understatement.  I am to be radiant because of who is in love with me!  I CAN be, get to be - a beautiful bride because of who is in love with me.
I pictured my dad telling Jesus - "You better take good care of my daughter".  And Jesus replying - "You have no idea..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"