Which Key Are You Holding Onto?

I had some free time yesterday and didn't want to go shopping, didn't want to clean the house; and wanted to just get away a little bit, so I went to a movie.  I chose "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" because there really wasn't that much to choose from, and I wanted to be moved.

- Spoiler Alert -

I wasn't, really. While I am fortunate enough not to know anyone who lost loved ones on 9/11, it did open my eyes up to the afflictions of those who did, and it was cool to see all types of people coming together, without prejudices in a common bond.  I left feeling deflated (not a reason I go to a movie, and probably a reason I will hold onto for not going to another one for a while).
Oscar, the main character, tragically lost his father.  While going through his closet, he found a key.  The movie is spent while he clutches onto the key, trying to find what it fits.  That's it.  He doesn't know what it fits, but still spends all his time and energy trying to find the matching lock.  And when he eventually finds it; it's nothing exciting.

"I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!  And I hold the KEYS of death and Hades" - Revelation 1:18

"The Lord is exalted, for He dwells on high; He will fill Zion with justice and righteousness.  He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the KEY to this treasure."  Isaiah 33:5-6

Now, this is a key worth holding onto - and wrapping our lives around - and chasing after.  It is something we can know with certainty!!  Are we holding onto a key that we are unsure of, or are we holding onto the One who holds The Key?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"