Mountain Climbing for Lent...

No, I am not Catholic, but I am observing lent this year.

My mom brought us up observing it for some reason, and I kinda like it.  One of the things I am giving up is Facebooking.  I may post something every now and then, but I am giving up the time-consuming action of scrolling down the page - hence, the profile picture of climbing a mountain looking UP!  I think God has asked me to use this time to seek Him alone, and let Him show me who I am, rather than other people.  We cannot climb forever, so when I reach the end, I will take a break and see how my friends are doing, and remind myself not to let my identity come from that...


Jason Gray sings a song called "Remind Me Who I Am".  I love just sitting, basking in it.
"Tell me once again who I am to You, tell me, lest I forget who I am to You, I belong to You...
I'm the one You love, I'm the one You love, that will be enough, I'm the one You love!"

In Mark Powley's Consumer Detox, he says:
*"What if we are wanted by Someone?  Someone whose desire for us is steady and unyielding, more stable than any human wanting, despite knowing our worst failings.  Yet this wanting doesn't seek to possess or control us; it seeks only our freedom and our flourishing.  THIS is how we are wanted by God...  If this is how we are wanted, then we needn't crave social connection in the same way...


*There is a button on my phone that opens up a new world - OFF...


*Technology makes us poorer when it interrupts life...


*Who you are is a generous gift that doesn't depend on the size of your inbox"

This is why I want to look up for a little while; maybe you will, too - to look to the Someone who really wants us to flourish and experience all life has to offer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"