The Advocate

Apparently, I have an advocate.
He is a skinny, bald, Italian, former bike racer.  Let's call him Antonio.
He is one of the few who actually likes my spinning class.
I was ready to throw in the towel and concede to the fact that my Instructor days are over; and I was okay with that.  There's a time for everything under the sun, right?  This is a time to die - to feel the weakness, not the strength, get the hint, and move on...
Then Antonio comes along and, though he's been in my class since I started (and everyone else's), he breaks the silence; says he wants me to teach more classes; says I'm really good.
I politely say thank you, but think to myself; I used to be good - notsomuch anymore.
BUT - It made me feel like a million bucks.

One of my daughters has recently experienced the splinters that occur from sitting on the bench - she's lost her love of the sport because of that.  BUT - she learned to love a new one because she gets a lot of playing time.

1 John 2:1 says that Jesus speaks to the Father in our defense!  That is awesome - He's sticking up for me constantly...  He says stuff like this "She didn't mean to do that; she's had a really long day."  And to our hearts He says - "No matter what; you're loved and accepted by me.  You are valuable (if you weren't, I would not have died for you) and I have an amazing plan for your life."

Rejection brings out the worst in people.
Acceptance brings out the best.

Sometimes God wants us to see/know that He Alone Is Enough.
Sometimes God uses Antonios in our lives to get us through stuff.
Sometimes God wants US TO BE Antonio to someone else!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"