The Power of Vulnerability

Since the very first introduction to Kindergarten, there has been a girl, let's call her Lola, that my daughter did not care for (understatement).  She was happy about everyone in her class except for Lola. She wanted to invite everyone in her class to her birthday party, except for Lola...  Until last week.
She runs home from school begging for a play date with ---- Lola!

After some probing in the bathtub (mentally), I heard what lay underneath her change of heart.
"She didn't lock the door in the bathroom and I walked in on her and I saw her underwear, and it was Princesses - It was so funny, we laughed so hard."

"In order for connection to happen, we have to be seen, really seen." - Brene Brown

"There is no better way to earn a person's trust than to put ourselves in a position of unprotected weakness" - Patrick Lencioni

Paul was well aware of this... "I don't want anyone imagining me as anything other than the fool you'd encounter if you saw me on the street or heard me talk... I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations...  God told me, "My strength comes into its own in your weakness."  2 Cor. 12 (MSG)

My house is dirty.   I can't whistle.
I often lose patience when drinks are spilled.
I am addicted to gum, coffee, and I can't  jump on the trampoline without leaking.

By the way - Lola came over the other day and they had a blast!