Ruby and Esther

I watched the Disney movie "Ruby Bridges" with my girls this week and thought it was awesome.  The fact that Ruby was six when she exhibited such bravery and brains was very cool.  The fact that she prayed for people who were mean to her was very cool.  And, the fact that she didn't care what other people thought of her was even cooler.
I think this may be a movie we would even purchase, to add to our whopping collection of about twelve DVDs - soon to be obsolete to blue-rays, I know...

I couldn't help but parallel her life to that of Esther's.  They were born for a specific time and rose to the occasion.  The famous line that she was put in her royal position "for such a time as this"  (Esther 4:14) rung in my ears.
I also couldn't help but explain this truth to my girls.
God has designed a job for us to do.   Are we going to let it pass?

"You cannot amputate your history from your identity." - Beth Moore
Ruby, Esther, and us are called to think and act beyond our individual lives; to lose ourselves for something greater; to live without fear - today!