An Attractive Death

"When Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"...the kind of life God wants us to live:  a life emptied of ourselves and filled with Him." - David Nasser

"O the wonderful cross
O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die
and find that I may truly live" - Chris Tomlin

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.  For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.'"  Mt 16:24-25


There is an amazing 40 day devotional out there entitled "A Call to Die" by David Nasser.  Why would anyone buy this?  It's amazingly popular.  I'm almost finished with it and the death I've learned about is compelling.

I've been lazy lately.  I've wanted to read instead of playing with my kids.  I've brought death - to me and to my kids.  The day I realized this was happening, I put down my book and played - life came from that. Arguments subsided, love was felt, and the flesh in me started to die while the spirit started to come alive. That's what Jesus did on the cross.  He brought life to us - and access to the Father's presence!  This is the death that brings life.  One that Jesus wants us to follow Him in.

"No, the call to die is not for everybody - only for those who are serious about experiencing the greatest adventure life has to offer." - Nasser
What are we going to put in the tomb, so that we get to experience this great adventure He has for us?