The Best Will Ever!

The other day I stepped in the shower and discovered a note taped to the glass door.  There was a big "Mom" with a circle around it and a line through it, followed by "is the menest prsn evr.  I bont lik her."  It wasn't signed, but I have a feeling I know who it was (she had been disciplined earlier).  I smiled, folded it up, and put it away.
A few days later, I showed it to a friend because it was really making me laugh (ok, call me a gossip).  She was pretty shocked that I didn't let it get to me (she wouldn't have let it get to her either, she was probably just sad for me to have to read something so nasty).

Then I heard a sermon by Tullian Tchividjian:  In it he says, as he always does lately; that "Jesus + Nothing = Everything!"  But he explained it differently.  He said that because we have such a hard working Father, and we are His Children, we don't need to do any of the work.  We have received all the love we need because we are His heirs.  Church is like the reading of the will - reminding us over and over that we have a great inheritance... So we don't need to look for love or reinforcement from others (people or things).  We can love without requiring that it be returned.

This is The Gospel - It is Done!  And, because of that; I have a "full tank"!  Any nasty note I receive from someone does not need to hurt me.  I can live in the freedom of the one who came into my prison to break my chains and set me free from the law that tells me my tank is empty.  And so can you!

"Jesus Christ rescued us from this evil world we're in by offering himself as a sacrifice for our sins.  God's plan is that we all experience that rescue."  Gal 1:5 The Message

He has worked very hard for our freedom!  Let's live in it!!