Catching Flies...

Yesterday, Moose was "playing" a little rough with my daughter while she was on the hammock, so I yelled at him to come inside.  He gave me the look as if to say; "I don't think a big hug and treat will accompany that 'come', so I'm not movin'!"
Then, my lovely daughter jumped out of the hammock with a polite little, "come on Moosey, let's go inside" and off he went with her, galloping happily along.
Lesson of the day:  You catch more flies with honey.

God wired us to respond to love.  Moose was a great reminder of this.   If we are asking our children to honor their sisters above themselves; we need to be guiding them with love in that request.  Dogs are trained to respond obediently by treats and petting - they come if we call them in love!
And I heard God tell me - That's what I've been trying to tell you all along - When you bask yourself in my love, knowing that I loved the world so much, that I gave my only son for it - it will move you to follow me in obedience!
As we enter into the events following Jesus' resurrection,  His final command to us in Matthew 28 was to "go and make disciples of all nations" - knowing "and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age"!  When we understand how much He loves us, this will be the desire of our hearts.