Race Day!

I use to do triathlons.  I use to get up at 4:30am to get on the bike in the basement.  I use to carbo-load before a race so my body would be stronger, last longer, and be in peak condition.
But now I have a new race.  According to Ezekial 36, God can give us a new heart, with new passions, and He has done that with me.
Today, I get to go to Breakthrough and hang out with and eat with "The Invisible", as Arloa Sutter calls them.  I get to be the hands and feet of Jesus; and I'm just as excited as I use to be when I would wake up before my alarm went off because I was so excited to go race.
Now, I get up at 4:30am to train my heart in different ways.  And I had the opportunity last night to "carbo-load" on John Ortberg's motivating words on having eyes to see those who Jesus sees, and help those who Jesus helped...  "the least of these".
The drive's not pretty, there will probably not be tulips blooming and kids cavorting in the neighborhood, but I kinda think that's like getting through the cold, wavy swim.  Once you get on the bike (in the shelter with people) then you're in your sweet spot and you know the reason you came!
Unlike a triathlon, I am not planning a recovery phase afterwards.  I have a feeling that once this race is done for the day, it will not break down my body but invigorate me - because that's how God made us.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"