Demolition Day (Part II)

So, the bathroom is taking a little longer than expected.
(You knew that was coming)

Some days, no one shows up to do anything and that is frustrating.  But, I have learned that it's because the grout is drying, or the wall patching is drying.  As with us - sometimes it is quiet and lonely and we think nothing is going on with life, but that is when the roots are growing.  And we need roots to weather storms!  "In quietness and trust is your strength" (Isaiah 30:15).  We need times of rest.  Times of "true contemplation".  As Jan Johnson states:  "when our soul listens, we can regain sight of God as the One who is eager to nurture us and get us up and walking again." Our soul can listen well only when we are still.  And, according to this thought, that's when we are nurtured.  I like being nurtured, apparently so does my bathroom floor.

It is also coming out way cooler than I had thought.  As does any work we leave in the Master's hands - His plans for us are way beyond our imagination.  I have left a lot of decisions in the hands of the boss, and he's doing a way better job picking things out than I had pictured in my head.  Design and decor are not my strengths.  Because I know this about myself, I knew I was better off claiming ignorance in this area.  Friends have told me I'd be a dream client to work with because I am not picky.  I just know if I were to choose, and be ornery about it, I'd lose out on something that could have been spectacular.  In life - when we get our own plans out of the way,  acknowledging that our ideas are super lame compared to our Creators', He can do amazing things!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him".  1 Cor 2:9

So, I guess what I'm learning is -
1) Be patient, strength comes from settling down.
And
2) Let the One who made me have His way with my life, because I will just mess it up!

ps - No, that's not my bathroom, but it's cool, isn't it?