Demolition Day

We are in the middle of re-doing a bathroom.  The project is expected to take three weeks.  The thing that surprised me was how quickly it was gone!  It took one day to destroy the old bathroom - walls, sinks, floor, and all.  And, it was a mess!  Cool, maybe they will finish early, I thought...  nope - it takes a lot longer to rebuild.

It got me thinking about the Demolition Days that I have gone through.  Whether it has been from a broken heart or broken body parts, they all happened in a matter of minutes, or seconds.  And then, how much longer it has taken to rebuild what was destroyed.
BUT the cool thing is, as with the bathroom; what is rebuilt is usually way better than what was destroyed.  God demolishes strongholds and high places all over the scriptures.  He destroyed the barrier between the Jews and Greeks (through Jesus). He says He will destroy the heavens and the earth, too - and they are all to make something better.
What Demolition Days have you gone through that God has rebuilt?  Are you going through the rebuilding phase right now?  Hope in The Lord, let Him rebuild you!


"I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign Lord... 
On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt... 
They will say, "This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden"... 
Then the nations around you that remain will know that I the Lord have rebuilt what was destroyed..."  Ezekiel 36:32-36

He wants the glory - He will rebuild us for His sake - so others can see that He alone is the ultimate repairer of broken walls!

Comments

  1. Just the other day, God broke up a pity party...if only to reveal the damage it was causing in a strained relationship. He tore down false self image and phony strength source...through injury. But its cool too that He let's us help in rebuilding others. I'm thinking of my recent new nickname for you for breakthrough...'repairer of broken walls and streets'...? Isaiah 58?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo... I'm lovin that one! thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"