The Scooter

Saturday morning I set out on my regular dog walk, and right on the sidewalk, about six blocks from home, lay one of our scooters (not near anyone's house that it would have been).  It was labeled with green tape as all of ours are, and with our name on the bottom.  So, I picked it up and brought it home, asking God along the way, why??

I've been reading Isaiah 58 a lot, lately.  Even before church started a three week stint on it; if you're not familiar with it, the Message translation rocks!

"What I'm interested in seeing you do is:
sharing your food with the hungry,
inviting the homeless poor into your homes,
putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad,
being available to your own families.
Do this and the lights will turn on,
and your lives will turn around at once.
Your righteousness will pave your way..."
vv 7-8

So, today, right around the same area of the walk where I found the scooter, I heard the girls' memory verse:  "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much."  Luke 16:10

How do these relate?  Look at the fifth line in the Isaiah 58 passage.
God was reminding me to "be available to my own family" - take care of what is along my path everyday.  When I don't notice it (she) is missing, it (she) could end up on the sidewalk, neglected - oppressed!
What has God put along your path every day that has your name on it?
He has specific tasks designed for us to do, we just have to keep our eyes open, take care of it/them, and He will give us more!  Then, we can really be His hands and feet.