Race Car Driver Neck

About a year and a half ago, I discovered what a herniated disc felt like.  Not quite sure what it was from; but my guess is that it was the dog's fault (blame it on the one who cannot defend himself...).  Besides all of my other injuries, this was one of the most painful things I've been through; including the two shots I then received to help it, which, thankfully, did!
After that, I saw a friend who helped me start some exercises to strengthen the muscles surrounding my neck so that this would not happen again!  Her goal was to make my neck as strong as that of a race car driver.  Sounded cool to me!  Her philosophy is addressing the entire body, instead of just the area in pain, because it's the strength of the whole body that keeps everything else safe!
I changed a lot of my activities and lived quite carefully (not counting the airplane jump), so as to not allow this nastiness to happen again.
I went for a ride on my mountain bike the other day and realized that that may not be the wisest choice...
I hit a hidden hole (meaning; I wasn't prepared for it).
I prayed.
I worried. (Shouldn't be there due to the previous one, but was)
I was okay!
I DID have a race car driver neck!  Woohoo, it worked.

So, the question is, are you prepared?  What are you strengthening so that when you hit an unexpected jostle, you remain strong?  I didn't really know if I had the neck strength I needed until I hit the hole.  We may not know if we have the strength we need until the storm comes - but it will come...  "In this world, you will have trouble.  But, take heart!  I have overcome the world!"  John 16:33

Paul's prayer for the Ephesians in Chapter 3 is just what we need in order to be prepared.  The Message translation says it this way:  "I ask him (The Father) to strengthen you by His Spirit - not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength - that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite Him in."

He wants to strengthen our core.  My neck was only strong because I had been strengthening the muscles that were deeper - the core muscles (that strengthen the entire body).  That "glorious inner strength" is our core!  It is what anchors us.  As we pursue Our Father every day - meeting with Him in prayer and walking with Him,  He will have us ready (by living in us) for whatever may be in front of us during our great adventure of life!