Gluten Free - Why??

So, there's lots of talk now-a-days about the whole gluten-free thing.
Reasons that are not longer medical.
Mine is one of those; and I'll get to that in a minute.
I was reading a blog the other day by a woman whose writing I really respect, and still do, but I really wanted to add something and I couldn't figure out how to post a comment, so I'm just writing my own.

She was kind of slamming the Daniel Plan (basically, no whites - flour, sugar...), which I really like.  It's the eating plan designed from Saddleback Church and Dr.s Oz, Hyman and Amen - for anyone looking to get healthy.  The whole idea probably started because Rick Warren wanted to lose weight.  And he noticed that he wasn't the only one in the church that wanted to do so - then he noticed that there were donuts everywhere in the church, and a lot of church functions centered around eating...  unhealthy things.  I agreed with her that this is not for everyone.  It does seem like the Daniel Plan founders think it should be for everyone, and I don't really agree with that.   I think there are plenty of people out there who are not affected by gluten, have no food issues, and can leave a piece of pizza half eaten and be okay with that.  I, however, am not one of them.

I am the one that opens a box of Nilla Wafers and leaves none.
That's why I've been gluten free since I detoxed my body of vicodin (herniated disc) a year and a half ago with fruits and vegetables for a month and felt amazing.
Here's the Bible verse to back it up:

"If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away... And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.  It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."  Matthew 18:8-10

To me, this says - if you want to really live life, get rid of the stuff that brings you down.  Certain foods were causing me to sin - the gluttony one.  Apples and chicken don't really cause me to sin.  Neither does broccoli or salmon or oatmeal for that matter.  I don't go buy gluten-free packaged foods because I would eat the whole bag.  I have simply chosen to get rid of some of the things that caused me to sin, and it is AWESOME!  I feel great (emotionally, spiritually, and physically).  No, it's not for everyone, other people have other things that pull them down, but, for me - and probably for several other people that are not medically deemed to be gluten-free, it is a great reason to eat clean and treat your body with really good stuff!