My 2 Minute Rant

I was at the grocery store earlier this week and an acquaintance who I had not seen in almost a year practically ran up to me like a cheerleader and her bouncy little voice said "Guess what?  I got divorced!"
What??
Is this what the world is coming to?
I hesitantly said "I'm so sorry", because that is what I say, and what I feel, when I hear this sort of news; but she said "No, it's okay, it's better!".
She has several kids.
It is not better.
I've heard that when you get fired up about something - whatever makes you mad - gets your goat - is what you might be wired/made to do something about.  I did not know this about myself.  I just can't get it out of my mind.

Maybe my life seems better to people because God has proven Romans 8:28 to be true - I was faithful, I did not initiate leaving, I did all I could to preserve our family, and God has taken that and worked it out for good.  But He still says "I hate divorce." (Mal. 2:16)  And, so do I.

So, since the Leave It To Beaver blog for my married friends was such a hit; maybe this is a good angle for me.
It's not the better way -
It's not the way it's supposed to be -
Fight for your marriage; it will be worth it!
And the next time someone comes up to me and gleefully says "I'm getting a divorce", I just might have to slap her around a bit, because, according to Ezekial 33, that's my responsibility.  And I can inform her that according to statistics, ten years after a divorce, 80% of individuals regret it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"