Not A Fan

So, one of my new favorite authors/bloggers/Christian woman, Jen Hatmaker, recently wrote a blog post entitled "Not a Fan" - she was needing some comedic relief from her more serious posts on world hunger and stuff like that, so she went this route, and encouraged others to do the same - for a lighter read - I like that idea.
The first thing she was not a fan of was party favors, and since I completely agree, I have tried to come up with my own list of five more.  By the way, the directions were for stuff like ketchup that comes out too fast or something like that, nothing deep allowed.

1)  Not a fan of carpool pick up.  I do a lot of carpooling.  Usually to and from soccer practices.  And I always take the "to" shift.  I can get away with this because I have younger children, and there is that bedtime thing, but it is so much quicker to just dump the kids out of your car instead of fearing being the last one at pick-up, so you show up 10 minutes early, just in case they get out early (which they never do) - and end up waiting for 20 minutes because they're running late.

2)  I am not a fan of meetings.  I don't know if it's a pride thing or what, but I really feel like these are a waste of time.  Any time I head a committee (one) I do the email thing now.  Meeting at Starbucks is nice if you really enjoy the people, but it ends up being more like a social than a meeting in that case (and those I don't mind).  But stuff like coaches meetings, and board meetings, I would rather read a book.

3)  Not a fan of water slides.  I am amused at the parents that really enjoy going down these with their kids.  I actually think it's great that their wired that way, but I am not.  I actually got a nasty bump on my back from being a wonderful mom and going down one of these with my kids this summer.  Really served as a great excuse to get me out of further runs - "remember what happened to my back last time, sorry, can't".

4)  Papayas - they are gross.

5)  Aerobics classes.  I guess they are not called that anymore.  They have more trendy names like Zumba, cardio-fit, or something like that.  I can't keep up.  I tried it once - never again.  By the time I figured out the move they were doing, they switched onto something else and my brain worked harder than my body.  I sweat much better when I don't have to think about the next move.  Put me on a bike, no brains required.

Okay, there's five.  I'm sure I could come up with several more, like watering plants, but that would require reading longer, and I am not a fan of long blog posts.  It was actually pretty fun to write a post with no point, maybe I'll throw some more in every once in a while to keep you on your toes.

Comments

  1. Not a fan of missing milestones, and I have forgotten to congratulate you on your one year anniversary for unchained. Way to persist! I still remember when and where you announced youre new mission. Better and better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are We Building Walls or Bridges?

Scandalous Grace: Some Thoughts about Good Friday.

The School of "The Other"